Happy Mother's Day

Albert Einstein's mother: "But, Albert, it's your senior picture. Can't you do something about your hair? Styling gel, mousse, something....?"

OK, she didn't really say that. But as a mom, you know she was thinking it. So with her in mind, we celebrate all the moms who have the hardest job in the world: Loving our kids while wanting to kill them at times.


Me with my first-born, Chaser, in 2004. If we only knew this little butterball was going to turn into a 100-pound hunk of love....well, we still would have kept her.



And with our new little guy, Gabe, in 2005. I loved him at first sight. However, after 24 hours of labor (being induced twice and throwing up 13 times due to the epidural) I didn't like him all that much at first. But a mom forgets the bad stuff. Well, not really. I've forgiven, but not forgotten.

At the moment I'm writing this, he just announced he's King For The Day and is demanding the royal servants fetch him a snack. Seriously. He actually used those words. Excuse me while I go teach him some royal manners or knock him into next week.



And I'm back...here's the lady who made a GREAT mom role model, teaching me it's about loving your kids, but don't feel obligated to like them all the time. That's why God invented chocolate.

Comments

Popular Posts