Creep out kids, I will: Yoda goes old school


So my 6-year-old son is having a Star Wars/Clone Wars birthday party this weekend.

And no party is complete without kids using big sticks to destroy things, so a pinata was in order.

I'm too cheap to buy one, so I channeled my inner craftiness. And for those who know me, this was indeed a challenge. I don't own a glue gun, sewing machine, scrapbooking kit, Bedazzler (they still have those?) or anything else of that nature.

I was armed with leftover paint and crepe paper, recycled newspapers and the knowledge I once made a pinata in fourth-grade art class (so how hard can it be?). Kitchen got a little messy (I don't recall paper mache being so drippy; and I have no idea how it got everywhere. I blame the dog).

And VOILA! A homemade Yoda pinata...or spawn of the devil? You be the judge. In any case, it's sure to creep out the kids...so it's worth it.

Comments

Popular Posts