A not-so-Nobel Prize


So my just-turned-six-year-old son tells me yesterday, "I'm gonna be a scientist when I grow up." Curious, I asked, "And what will you do as a scientist?"

He quickly answered, "I'm gonna switch a person's DNA with a dog's."

OK. Putting aside the weirdness factor of that planned project, I was enthusiastically WOWED to learn my soon-to-be first grader even knows what DNA is.

I'm a little fuzzy on the details myself. But moving along....

"Wow!" I high-fived my little guy, envisioning the day when I see my son standing on stage to accept the Nobel Prize for...well...you know...whatever category "DNA mutant switching" would fall under.

But before I could get to imaging the acceptance speech where he says, "I owe everything to my mom...." I stupidly asked, "How do you even know about DNA?"

He shrugged and said, "From watching Johnny Test, Mom. He's awesome."

And - POOF - there went the dream.....

Comments

Popular Posts