How do I love thee?

Nothing says "love" like a Darth Maul mask/double lightsaber combo Valentine's Day gift from mom and dad.




As for me, this is still my favorite Valentine's gift of all time....




Chaser and me, circa February 2003, the day after we brought her home. We had no idea the impact she would have on our lives. She taught Jon and I many things....

How it SUCKS to potty train a dog in the dead of winter and in a half-foot of snow.

At 2 a.m.

How to deep clean carpet.

How a queen-sized bed is not big enough for two adults and a Golden Retriever.

How to capture a soap-covered butterball who's escaped from the tub.

How to identify various creatures and crawlies she managed to eat so we could determine if a trip to the vet was necessary.

More than anything, she taught us patience and unconditional love....Damn, I miss that dog.

Comments

Popular Posts