A mother's advice



"I found a little puppy. I took it home. It better not poop in the house. I named the puppy Glory." - The Bard, Gabe Baldwin


This is the magical story our 6-year-old son penned last night, using his spelling words.


I'm going out on a limb here by stating I don't think "poop" was one of them.


"Uh, I don't think you can use the word 'poop' on your homework," I said.


"Oh, it's OK, Mom. It's not inappropriate because I really hope the puppy doesn't poop in the house," he defended himself.


On a sidenote: Proud momma alert! He used the word "inappropriate" correctly. Yeah. That's pretty cool. But back to business.


"Well, why don't you think of something else the dog can't do in the house," I suggested, "and that won't get you thrown out of first grade."


Geesh. This parenting stuff is hard!

Comments

Popular Posts