Volunteering fosters preparation

I’ve had the fortune to be a part of some really great organizations over the years. As a full-time working wife and mom, balance is extremely important to me. We have a ton of demands on our time, but I’m a proponent of not saying “yes” to everything at the same time.

Because, eventually, you’re forced to begin saying, “no” way more often than you’d like.

While my volunteer work has been an important part of my life, I make sure it stays balanced. So the work has been varied over the past 20 years or so. I thought I’d start to share a few of those experiences with you; experiences that have helped prepare me to serve on your Maryville R2 School Board.

Here are a couple to start with:

City of Maryville Tourism Committee: I was appointed in April 2017 to the city’s inaugural Tourism Committee, which helps facilitate efforts to enhance the vitality and broaden the economic base of Maryville through the development and promotion of tourism. Basically, we are the gatekeepers of the community's bed tax. Our work with budgets, contracts, designers and grant programs is laying the groundwork for some really great projects and events in the near future. We recently finalized our logo and tag line and hope to launch our new website in late spring.

Greater Maryville (Mo.) Chamber of Commerce: 
I served on the Chamber board for several years and worked with some rather spectacular individuals to promote and support businesses in our community. Their work continues today, and the results are putting Maryville on the map!

Comments

Popular Posts