Who likes meetings?!

Have you attended a school board meeting?

I first attended a Maryville R2 School Board meeting a few months ago. It was part of my “Should I Run?” discernment and to get a peak at the process.

I was SHOCKED to discover I was the only “civilian” present. School board members, school staff, members of the media, etc. were all in the room.

And then there was me.

Yeah, I received a couple of curious looks, but I wasn’t made to feel unwelcome or uncomfortable.

There may have been a person or two wondering what I was there to complain about.

Because isn’t that usually the case? People only show up to board meetings because they have a beef about something?

Stop by sometime and check it out. You don’t have to stay for the whole thing, and they are well run and surprisingly informative!

The next Maryville R2 School Board meeting is at 6 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 15, at 1501 S. Munn Ave. Want to know what they’ll talk about? They have it all online for easy access: https://simbli.eboardsolutions.com/SB_Meetings/ViewMeeting.aspx?S=338&MID=7344

So even if you don’t/can’t go, you can see what your district is doing for your child/ren’s school.


-Kelley

Comments

Popular Posts