I'm no parenting expert



Listen to your kids.
I’m no parenting expert, but the best thing Jon and I have ever done as parents is listen to this kid.
Because if we hadn’t, this moment never would have happened.
Thanks to Kristin Schmaljohn- Little for capturing this after the Spoofhounds lost in the state quarterfinals. I told Gabe that I was so proud of him, of the choices he’s made, for advocating for himself and for what he felt was best for him. Because of that courage, he became a part of something amazing these past two seasons.

He still has a few months of club soccer left, so we don’t have to say goodbye to the sport yet. And he’s busy again with Robotics, so we’ll be getting our nerd on as robotics groupies after the holidays. This kid is our greatest blessing, and I hope he never loses that courage, never loses his voice. I can’t wait to witness all the extraordinary things his future holds.

 

Comments

Popular Posts